Utica, NY

Friday, October 11, 2013

Already over halfway done with the MTC!

Meu Districto!


Oí Familia!

This past week was another good one in the MTC, but not much different than past weeks. I still love every aspect of the MTC. Thank you so much for all the emails and letters you all have graced me with. I love them all. Every time I get a letter or package it feels like5am Christmas morning, when I get to sneak out to see all the present Santa brought me. It is very difficult to make time to respond, but I promise I will get back to you. I wish I could wave a wand and have a bunch of letters written to drop off at the mailbox, but for now, just know that I couldn't be doing better.

We have two investigators right now. They are actors, but these are real situations that the teachers experienced from their missions. One is named Antonio, and the other is Jessica. Antonio is a construction worker, but very poor. He is worried about finances and supporting his wife, who is paralyzed. He has a great heart and is always cooperative with the things we invite him with. He came to church and is reading the Book of Mormon. He always has really good questions for us. Sometimes it's difficult to respond with my small Portuguese vocabulary. Needless to say, our lessons with him are going quite well.

Our other investigator is quite different. She is very difficult to teach, especially in Portuguese. Teaching Jessica has been a learning experience for Elder Henderson and I. She does not care about anything we've taught her so far, nor does she talk very much. She is not religious, nor does she want to be. She just wants to get married to her boyfriend José Luiz, an illegal immigrant. We think she is living with him too. We regret talking about things that she doesn't really care about and learned we need to start with the basics, such as God's love for her. So we planned on returning with a simple lesson. We are not going to move forward until she understands that God is real and loves her. We did just that yesterday. We worked so hard for that lesson and wanted it to go well so bad. We prayed for her a lot. The spirit was so strong, so so strong. I about broke into tears teaching my Teacher acting as one of her investigators. She had tears in her eyes and said she would try to pray to find out the truth. I cannot wait to teach REAL investigators! I can't imagine the spirit I will feel in each lesson.

Our district is getting smaller! Two good friends of Mine, Elder Maw from North Carolina and Elder Anderson from Dallas Texas got their visas and are now in the Brazil MTC. There is much more room in the classroom though :)

I need to go, but I love you all and wish you a happy week. Keep Praying and reading the scriptures. I love reading the Book of Mormon. Right now I am in Alma reading about the sons of Mosiah and their missions. I love reading the Book of Mormon finding ways I can be a better missionary, like Ammon, Alma, and the Sons of Helaman. I know for myself that the Book of Mormon is just as Joseph Smith described it as. It can bring you closer to the savior than any other book. I love the spirit I feel as I read.

Eu Amo Voces! (Bad grammar, sorry Jacob. I am using an American keyboard)

Elder Kunzler
I can't decide if I want to be a Jedi in training or a Brazilian Stormtrooper here in the Star Wars training academy


No comments:

Post a Comment