Utica, NY

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Feliz Dia das Bruxas!

Oi Familia, Amigos, e Amigas!

It's good to email you all for the second time on this cold day here on the Eastern front. I am still safe and healthy. My New Yorker accent has improved so far. Maybe someday I will develop a New Yorker/Brazilian accent. That would be radical.

In Doctrine and Covenants 84:114 it says that if the City of Albany New York does not cry unto repentance, they are doomed. It is my vital role to help these people do so. I will not fail.

This week most of our investigators cancelled on us, so we taught a lot of less active recent converts, and invited them to come back to church. Most of them said they would, which is very exciting. If they don't, I'll just have to read to them D&C 84:114 ;)

Our Branch's old chapel. We just got a brand new one.

We managed to sneak in one lesson with our investigator, Justin. He had many questions about the Word of Wisdom and our stance on Tattoos, since he likes to drink coffee and he wants to get a tattoo. Our plan was to talk about the Plan of Salvation with him, but the subject completely changed to the Word of Wisdom. He understands why we have the Word of Wisdom, so he's going to try to quit Coffee. Justin is golden. He absolutely LOVES going to church. We played basketball with him today. Just pray that he changes his mind about getting a tattoo.

A couple days ago Elder Menlove was giving himself a haircut while I was studying. Noticing that my hair was getting long as well and quite thick, I asked to use his thinning scissors to thin my hair. That was a bad idea. I ended up nearly shaving a bald spot atop my skull. After laughing at me, my companion basically shaved my head to a buzz cut to match the damage I'd already done. So now, after vowing to never get a buzz cut in my life, I sit at this desk looking like Natalie Portman from V for Vendetta. I haven't any pictures, so I'll just let you imagine what it looks like until next week.

Missionaries aren't allowed to proselyte on Halloween night, so after 5pm, our plans are to hang out at a members house to play Settlers of Catan. Just in case you wanted to know. We can't even pass out mormon.org cards to the children. Bummer.

One of my favorite things about being a missionary is studying in the morning. You have an hour in the morning to study things in the scriptures or in the missionary reference library, looking for things that can help you with your teaching or for investigators. Since I've been in New England I've been studying the New Testament. It has been an incredible experience for me to study closely the life of the savior and his attributes. I don't know why I haven't studied the New Testament before. I invite you all to study more about Jesus Christ, the head of our church. Try to develop his attributes. Become converted to him and his gospel. In Alma 23:5-6 it says that as long as Nephites were converted to the lord, they never fell away. You all can be the same.

Eu sei que nos temos a plentitude do evangelho e eu sou muito grato para este. Eu sei que A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos dos Ultimos Dias e A verdadeira igreja de Jesus Cristo. Ele e nossos Salvador e se nos tentamos tornar-se como ele, nos podemos sentir paz e alegria eterna.

Eu amo voces MUITO! Have a wonderful week an a Feliz Dia das Bruxas (Day of the Witches ;)

Elder Kunzler

Some cool graffiti 


No comments:

Post a Comment