Utica, NY

Monday, August 4, 2014

Goodbye Malone

Trying to catch chickens
Family,

I bear sad and glad tidings.

I am leaving Malone. I was only here for a transfer, but I was able to meet so many wonderful people here who have had a great impact on me. I know I will see them in paradise.

I received a call from President Wirthlin Saturday to have a mini chat. He told me I haven't yet received my visa to go to Brazil yet, but he said he knows why. He then extended the call for me to serve as one of his assistants. I was extremely shocked and confused, but he told me that it's what the Lord wants and that I am called to this mission, even though I will still go to Brazil when my visa arrives. I am a nervous, but I know the Lord will prepare the way for me. He qualifies the called, he doesn't call the qualified. Please pray for me though.

I put the wrong soap in the dishwasher

So I will be working in Utica for a little while with Elder Empey, who has his Bachelor's degree and is Jacob's age-25. He is also a personal fitness trainer and looks like Ryan Kunzler. He'll make a man out of me. He's a very hardworking missionary and very consecrated for the Lord. I'm so excited to learn!

I have been asked to bring my facebook account back to life, as we will be implementing facebook missionary work next transfer. Honestly, I don't look forward to trapping myself in cyberspace and viewing all the photos I put on my facebook account before my mission that aren't consistent with my sacred calling, but repentance is a good thing. We'll see how this goes, if the Apostles of Jesus Christ are recommending it, it will be an effective tool for missionary work.

This week was a great one. We really prayed for help, and we were able to achieve President Wirthlin's standards. Dan Foster has his entire agenda for his baptism set up and was upset that I will be messing it up by leaving. I chuckled. I have great confidence that he will make his baptismal date and have the joy of being a member of Christ's true church after receiving a remission of his sins.

One last with Jim Stone

We found a new investigator through a member referral this week. His name is Ryan Haynes. He is an MMA fighter and has lived a rough past due to tragic events that occurred in his life. Because of his frustration, he made bad choices that lead him to being very humbled. After experiencing a change of heart and finding faith in Christ, he devoted to a life of service and was baptized in the Baptist church, but is willing to accept any of God's word. We taught him the condensed message of the restoration using our "restored" teaching method, and he believes that Joseph Smith saw the Father and the Son. He came to church yesterday and bore his testimony. It was incredible. Many people were shocked! He is O HOMEM!

Jim Stone also mustered the courage to bear his testimony and told his story. It was very inspirational. I'm going to miss him so much. He has taught me so much about humility through repentance. Some of the most humble people I know have experienced a mighty change of heart. We should all repent!

Gravesite of Joseph Smith's grandfather near Town of Stockholm, NY

I love you all more than you know, and you are always in my prayers. I have no idea why I was blessed with the examples that I have in my life. I am the luckiest person in the universe.

Tudo Bem!

Elder Kunzler

P.S. Please send all USPS mail to me at P.O. Box 149 Whitesboro, NY 13492. It will be sent right to the Mission office

The fortune in my fortune cookie the day before transfer calls. the background is my hand skin

No comments:

Post a Comment